I don't do resolutions, but here are some things on my "to do" list for 2016:
- Write at least one non-free verse poem per month, without repeating the form. Longer than a haiku, more serious than a limerick or double-dactyl. It doesn't have to be something I haven't done before (so a Shakespearean sonnet and a terzanelle are likely), but I would like to try out some new things (like a pantoum).
- Make more eraser-carving art. I want to see if I can put together enough to illustrate another book of poetry, probably devotional.
- Write more for XPI.
- Write more on my religion/spirituality/devotion blog.
- Start learning Egyptian hieroglyphs via an online study group that a colleague turned me on to. I have the book already, and my dear friend anubisgrrl
is also doing it, so I'm just waiting for things to start in February.
- Finish the drawing of Bastet on our basement stairway wall.
- Work on this steampunk gun prop project that I've been kicking around.